Thursday, September 27, 2007

Never

So, how long has it been? Almost a year, I know and I'll never forget. You know how you can remember things and how exact and precise the moment was? It may not seem important at the time, but when you find yourself down memory lane you'll remember everything that you need to remember.

Sometimes I wish I could forget easily. Sometimes I wish I could forgive just as easily as I could forget. The problem is, I don't. We're a very forgiving people, that's our fault and our loss, as well. And people don't seem to take it seriously. Saying sorry has become an available commodity these days, and it has become as common as saying 'I love you.'

On a personal note, I really don't find it hard to say that I'm sorry. Really. I mean every word that I say when I know that I really am. But more often than not, I know I don't have to apologize for my actions. Now, why is that? It's simple, really. I see things in black and white. There are no gray areas for me. Sounds too drastic, right? Yeah, I know, but by acknowledging my flaw doesn't mean I am ready to change for the better. No way. I'd rather stick to my beliefs, swallow the only pride I have left and stand against the bunch of sorry asses who claim to be righteous. There. See, my middle finger is standing up as well.

I'm not afraid to lose everything. It makes me remember how fragile life is. I'm not afraid of showing what it is like to be human. It makes me remember how important it is to feel. Whether it be love or hate, or even both, one has to learn how to feel and accept why some people cannot forgive easily. We've turned our children into zombies, telling them that ill feelings are unacceptable. That's half of your life shunned away from you.

That's why I can never forgive nor forget. It's been a year and I've never forgotten. I will also never forgive. I wonder how revenge tastes like? I suppose that when I've tasted it, I will wish that I could never forget how good it tastes.

No comments: