Sunday, April 27, 2008

Full Moon Empty Room

I moved in to my new place last Sunday. The full moon was watching me as I sped across the boulevard to Mandaluyong. It wasn't a new thing for me - living alone, I rather missed it when I was with my mom and sis while my new place was being prepared.

Now, it's just me, myself and I - and of course, an empty one bedroom condo waiting to be filled up with the stuff I've collected in so many years. It's going to be a good thing for me. I'll be able to concentrate on the things that need to be done.

I'm still waiting for some furniture to be delivered. The last few pieces will be arriving on the 16th of May and I have yet to purchase that 32 inch LCD TV. Hopefully, my new phone line and internet should arrive soon. Going to coffee shops becomes tiring when I already am sitting comfortably in my sofa.

The place needs dusting, too. And I desperately need to trash the things I know I'll never use again. My hands are full but I can't just put them down yet. It's a good thing the moon provides me some company.

5 comments:

GCF Announcements said...

Hey Sam,
Long time no hear! You seem pretty lonely out there. Anything wrong?

Sam Alapan said...

Being 'by myself' is a matter of perspective. That's why I prefer to be alone rather than being lonely. The latter is a state of being where most people are trapped in and in most cases are self-inflicted mind-traps. On the other hand, being alone is merely a physical manifestation of solitude, whether it be by my choice or a gift from a higher power is something I treasure. Not many people can live alone but most people even surrounded by many are completely lonely. ;-D

GCF Announcements said...

If you can say this much I reckon you're doing fine. That "matter of perspective" thingy, I kind of agree with you in a certain degree. I was just a little worried that's all. By the way, how's the other side of that watermelon we call earth?

Sam Alapan said...

Much appreciated, dude. :-D I hang out now with a couple of our college buddies, most of them weren't really part of the original circle of friends but we all became good after a few years of seeing each other. We recently attended Carlo and NiƱa's fun-filled wedding in Tagaytay.

GCF Announcements said...

Carlo? As in Dragonball Z Carlo? If my memory serves me correct whenever I see him we go KAMEHAMEHA on each other. Oh well, times fun when you're having flies. As for me I stuck here in this iceburg called Canada. Not that I'm complaining or anything. In fact I just recently opened my own multimedia studio which I am doing my own animation on the side. Right now I only have a few clients. One that comes to my place every Thursday for editing jobs and another one for CD cover design. Its not much, but I'm hoping things will get better down the road. By the way, I still have you old Comic Quest Commercial which you did during theses.