Tuesday, January 29, 2008

January 26, Part 1

I spent this day with a lot of people. The funny part is that during the first hour of the day I navigated to the social networking sites I belonged to and deleted my profile. Yup. Halfway across the globe, one of my friends got a surprise when she decided to send me a message through one of the networks and discovered nothing as she went to my homepage.

Fortunately, I still do keep several blog sites open to public. It's the traffic that got to me. As much as I love people, I'm not really THAT sociable. I would rather spend my energies with those who deserve my attention, who listen to my corny jokes, who patiently wait for me to talk to them even if they're in a different hemisphere altogether and those who just simply adore me - and I really don't need a social networking site to keep them in one place. (Besides, how social can you get if you can't even see these people much less talk to them, converse with them in a proper way?)

In fact, the number becomes smaller every year. On the other hand, one discovers how strong some of the bonds are with the people I've kept so close. If anyone would like to know me or get to know how I am like, she would only need to speak with and gather three or five of my good friends - you know, kidnap them, keep them blindfolded inside a room and interrogate them until one of them spills the – okay, I think I'm getting lost now.

And before I lose it completely, I shall bid farewell for now. Nope, I'm not going to delete this site. At least, I don't get to see who's been checking up on me. I'm probably over my head, too. Right? Maybe, no one does, but just in case you're someone whom I call my friend, then I'm just as happy as you are.

To be continued …

No comments: